Monday, September 3, 2012

A couple new head studies

I recently joined the California Art Club and participated in a local paint out. We had a model named Briana who reclined on a cushioned table top as several of us set up our easels 360 degrees around her. I was toward the feet end of the table and wondered how I would do with my first greatly foreshortened head painting. I spent a good deal of time blocking in the head and features with a thin brush before starting to paint, and I'm glad I did. The pose was rather challenging, but I am pretty happy with the outcome. Even though I didn't have time to finish the hands and arms. This is on a New Traditions Panel with the L219 linen. The size is 12 x 16"




And here is a quick portrait study of a man from this year's Gaslight Gathering in San Diego, a local steampunk costume convention. I have several other photos from the Gathering which I hope to paint from. This is on a New Traditons Art Panel with the Claessen's 12 surface. 12 x 16".



No comments:

Post a Comment